Super Bowl 2013: Alicia Keys Slows the Tempo to Perform National Anthem (Video)
Some football players were shown getting emotional during her performance, which appeared to be completely live.
No lip-syncing here.
Alicia Keys gave a slow, passionate -- and, apparently, live -- rendition of the National Anthem ahead of Sunday's Super Bowl.
Keys wore a long, fitted racerback-style, deep-red gown to perform "The Star-Spangled Banner" accompanied by her silver piano.
During the performance, some players from the Baltimore Ravens and San Francisco 49ers were shown getting emotional. Shots of soldiers at Camp Courage in Kabul, Afghanistan, were shown.
Keys' performance came on the heels of Beyonce's lip-syncing the National Anthem at President Obama's inauguration last month. Incidentally, Beyonce also is set to perform during halftime of the Super Bowl.
Moments before Keys took the stage, Jennifer Hudson sang "America the Beautiful" with the Sandy Hook Elementary School Chorus.
"Jennifer Hudson and Alicia Keys! #Awesome," singer Bruno Mars praised on Twitter.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR