Super Bowl 2013: Alicia Keys Slows the Tempo to Perform National Anthem (Video)
Some football players were shown getting emotional during her performance, which appeared to be completely live.
No lip-syncing here.
Alicia Keys gave a slow, passionate -- and, apparently, live -- rendition of the National Anthem ahead of Sunday's Super Bowl.
Keys wore a long, fitted racerback-style, deep-red gown to perform "The Star-Spangled Banner" accompanied by her silver piano.
During the performance, some players from the Baltimore Ravens and San Francisco 49ers were shown getting emotional. Shots of soldiers at Camp Courage in Kabul, Afghanistan, were shown.
Keys' performance came on the heels of Beyonce's lip-syncing the National Anthem at President Obama's inauguration last month. Incidentally, Beyonce also is set to perform during halftime of the Super Bowl.
Moments before Keys took the stage, Jennifer Hudson sang "America the Beautiful" with the Sandy Hook Elementary School Chorus.
"Jennifer Hudson and Alicia Keys! #Awesome," singer Bruno Mars praised on Twitter.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer, 'X-Men' Director, Calls Suit A 'Sick, Twisted Shakedown'
- The Club 47 Folk Revival Explores the Iconic History of Old Cambridge Folk Club
- Jack Kilmer Talks 'Palo Alto,' His Acting Career And Growing Up With Famous Parents
- Lupita Nyong'o and America's Complicated Relationship With Beauty