Super Bowl: Jaguar Previews Ad Featuring Ben Kingsley, Tom Hiddleston, Mark Strong (Video)
UPDATED: The "Rendezvous" commercial, filmed by "Les Miserables" director Tom Hooper, uses British villains to introduce Jaguar's F-Type Coupe.
Jaguar made a splash at the Los Angeles Auto Show in November with the debut of the F-Type Coupe, which channels the sleek lines of the carmaker's iconic E-Type sports car, a favorite of Steve McQueen and other 1960s Hollywood stars.
The F-Type Coupe, the latest knockout from Jaguar design director Ian Callum, who has overseen the marque's revival, was widely acknowledged to be one of the most beautiful cars to come out of the show; its predecessor, the F-Type convertible, released last year, helped Jaguar notch a 41 percent sales increase in 2013. "I always say, if you do a great-looking convertible, you'll get a great coupe out of that," Callum told THR.
Now, Jaguar is launching the F-Type Coupe with the company's first Super Bowl spot, which will air during the second half of Super Bowl XLVIII on Feb. 2..
Dubbed "Rendezvous" and directed by Tom Hooper, who won the best director Oscar for The King's Speech, the 60-second spot is laden with cinematic action and British drollery--the premise is that British villains are as reliably intriguing as well-designed British sports cars--and features Ben Kingsley, Tom Hiddleston and Mark Strong.
"Rendezvous" was filmed in London in partnership with Hooper's Smuggler Films. The F-Type Coupe goes on sale this spring, starting at $65,000.
Jaguar has posted the full 60-second commercial ahead of the Super Bowl, as well as a making-of video that includes interviews with Hooper and the actors.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera