Super Bowl: Jaguar Previews Ad Featuring Ben Kingsley, Tom Hiddleston, Mark Strong (Video)
UPDATED: The "Rendezvous" commercial, filmed by "Les Miserables" director Tom Hooper, uses British villains to introduce Jaguar's F-Type Coupe.
Jaguar made a splash at the Los Angeles Auto Show in November with the debut of the F-Type Coupe, which channels the sleek lines of the carmaker's iconic E-Type sports car, a favorite of Steve McQueen and other 1960s Hollywood stars.
The F-Type Coupe, the latest knockout from Jaguar design director Ian Callum, who has overseen the marque's revival, was widely acknowledged to be one of the most beautiful cars to come out of the show; its predecessor, the F-Type convertible, released last year, helped Jaguar notch a 41 percent sales increase in 2013. "I always say, if you do a great-looking convertible, you'll get a great coupe out of that," Callum told THR.
Now, Jaguar is launching the F-Type Coupe with the company's first Super Bowl spot, which will air during the second half of Super Bowl XLVIII on Feb. 2..
Dubbed "Rendezvous" and directed by Tom Hooper, who won the best director Oscar for The King's Speech, the 60-second spot is laden with cinematic action and British drollery--the premise is that British villains are as reliably intriguing as well-designed British sports cars--and features Ben Kingsley, Tom Hiddleston and Mark Strong.
"Rendezvous" was filmed in London in partnership with Hooper's Smuggler Films. The F-Type Coupe goes on sale this spring, starting at $65,000.
Jaguar has posted the full 60-second commercial ahead of the Super Bowl, as well as a making-of video that includes interviews with Hooper and the actors.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama