Super Bowl: Queen Latifah Keeps It Safe During 'America the Beautiful' (Video)
The actress, singer and talk show host went for a low-key rendition Sunday afternoon prior to the Seattle Seahawks-Denver Broncos game.
Queen Latifah kicked off Super Bowl XLVIII in style.
Fresh off marrying 33 couples at last weekend's Grammy Awards, the actress, singer and talk show host took to the field at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J., to sing "America the Beautiful" prior to kickoff.
Latifah received help from several dozen members of the New Jersey Youth Chorus, as well as a band and backup singers. As for her performance, Latifah -- in a thick white turtleneck, brown leather gloves and a blue coat -- kept it safe for her rendition of the patriotic classic.
This isn't the first time Latifah has performed this song at the Super Bowl. Four years ago, she sang the song at Super Bowl XLIV.
The Super Bowl pregame show also included a performance of the national anthem by opera singer Renee Fleming. Amber Zion performed the national anthem in American Sign Language.
This year's halftime show will be headlined by Bruno Mars -- a winner at Sunday's Grammys. The Red Hot Chili Peppers will also join in on the halftime festivities.
More than 164 million viewers in the U.S. watched last year's Super Bowl, making it the most watched television program in history.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR