Super Bowl Sets Sports Live Stream Record
The big game, available for free via Fox Sports' app, was the most watched live stream of a single sporting event ever.
The Super Bowl is not only the most watched television program in U.S. history -- the game was also the most watched live stream of a single sporting event ever.
The Seattle Seahawks-Denver Broncos matchup, which was watched on television by an average audience of 111.5 million people, was streamed by an average of 528,000 viewers.
That's a small number compared to the game's TV ratings, but still significant.
Fox streamed the game for free via a preview of its Fox Sports GO app, which is normally only available to participating pay TV subscribers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR