Super Bowl Smackdown!
It's on as execs (private) jet to Indy, Harvey throws his latest booster bash and the Giants continue to rule the Patriots, at least on the Hollywood playing field.
While few are going as far as New York Giants fan 50 Cent -- who made a bet with a Twitter follower that he will post a NSFW (not safe for work) picture of himself if his team loses -- emotions are running high in Hollywood in anticipation of Super Bowl XLVI. Happy Madison's Jack Giarraputo, Friday Night Lights creator Peter Berg and Paramount vice chair Rob Moore are among the execs said to be heading to Indianapolis to watch their Giants square off against the New England Patriots in Lucas Oil Stadium on Feb. 5. Harvey Weinstein, also expected in Indy, is such a Giants booster that he's been staging game-viewing parties for weeks, including one in St. Barts over New Year's and another in Park City during Sundance. On Feb. 1, he's hosting -- with his brother Bob, Matt Lauer, Lorne Michaels and Brian Williams -- a high-powered sendoff party for the team at New York media-world lunch spot Michael's. (The players already are in Indy.)
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR