Super Bowl To Stream Online Again
For the second year, the big game will be available online and on mobile devices, with 2 wild card games and the Pro Bowl also available.
As if Super Bowl XLVII wasn’t going to be super enough on network television, it will be streamed live on NFL.com and CBS.com as well as broadcast on CBS, the NFL said Wednesday.
This will be the second year the big game will be streamed online. Last year 2.1 million people watched on computers and mobile devices, which the NFL says made it the most-watched single-game sports event ever online, based on data from Omniture and mDialog.
In addition, in 2013 the Pro Bowl and the Wild Card Saturday doubleheader will also be streamed live to go along with game coverage on NBC. The streams will be available on NBCsports.com and NFL.com. All four games will also be available from NFL Mobile from Verizon.
Online viewers will also be able to access extras like more camera angles, in-game highlights, live statistics and other interactive elements.
Super Bowl Sunday (Feb. 3, 2013) from New Orleans will feature the CBS game coverage led by Jim Nantz (play-by-play) and Phil Simms (analyst).
NBC Postseason Extra will show the wild card games on Saturday, Jan. 5, 2013; and the Pro Bowl the next day live from Hawaii.
Subscribers to NFL Mobile from Verizon pay an additional $5 a month to receive the service. It also features pre-game and post-game reporting and other features.
But the online viewing still dwarfs home tune-in: Last year’s Super Bowl broadcast on NBC attracted a record (average) audience of 111.3 million viewers, who saw the New York Giants beat the favored New England Patriots in a game that wasn’t decided until the last few minutes. NBC estimated that in all 177 million viewed at least part of the game, which is about 56 percent of all American TV homes.
The game on NBC last year attracted about 1 percent more viewers than the game on Fox the year before, which attracted about 111 million viewers.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead