Super Indie Argonon Group Launches Canadian Arm
Leopard Films and British partner Remedy Productions coming together to launch super-indie Argonon includes a Vancouver satellite office, Remedy Productions Canada.
TORONTO – Leopard Films joining British producer Remedy Productions in launching super indie producer Argonon Group includes setting up Remedy Productions Canada in Vancouver.
The Canadian satellite operation will look to tap local talent and soft money as Leopard Films, Leopard Films USA and drama arm Leopardrama join Remedy in creating a major indie producer to develop and make films, TV shows, social media and gaming product.
“There is a huge appetite in the market now for first rate programming, content across all platforms that challenges, questions and entertains in a surprising way,” Leopard CEO James Burstall said in a statement.
Burstall is to lead Argonon with former Wall to Wall financial director Stuart Mullin as CFO.
Remedy’s Toby Dormer and Juliet Borges have acquired stakes in the new indie producer, and will sit in the boardroom.
“There is a genuine synergy between us and Leopard and we look forward to collaborating creatively with them and future members of the Argonon Group in the coming months and years,” Remedy’s Dormer said in his own statement.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR