It's Official: Warner Bros.' Superman Pic 'Man of Steel' to Get 3D Makeover
Christopher Nolan, who produced the film, has resisted working in the format; "Man of Steel" director Zack Snyder is a fan.
Warner Bros. has made it official -- Superman pic Man of Steel will be converted to 3D in post-production.
Starring Henry Cavill in the title role, director Zack Snyder's Man of Steel opens in theaters June 14, 2013.
There's been speculation for months that Warners would convert the film to 3D, thereby increasing the tentpole's earning potential.
Man of Steel producer Christopher Nolan has resisted working in 3D. Snyder, on the other hand, has worked with 3D (Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole).
Scripted by David S. Goyer, Man of Steel aims to reboot the marquee superhero franchise for Warners. Amy Adams stars as Lois Lane and Michael Shannon as General Zod.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR