It's Official: Warner Bros.' Superman Pic 'Man of Steel' to Get 3D Makeover
Christopher Nolan, who produced the film, has resisted working in the format; "Man of Steel" director Zack Snyder is a fan.
Warner Bros. has made it official -- Superman pic Man of Steel will be converted to 3D in post-production.
Starring Henry Cavill in the title role, director Zack Snyder's Man of Steel opens in theaters June 14, 2013.
There's been speculation for months that Warners would convert the film to 3D, thereby increasing the tentpole's earning potential.
Man of Steel producer Christopher Nolan has resisted working in 3D. Snyder, on the other hand, has worked with 3D (Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole).
Scripted by David S. Goyer, Man of Steel aims to reboot the marquee superhero franchise for Warners. Amy Adams stars as Lois Lane and Michael Shannon as General Zod.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws