'Superman's' Henry Cavill Is Engaged
The new Man of Steel popped the question to his show-jumping girlfriend May 3.
Looks like Superman has found his real-life Lois Lane.
British actor Henry Cavill proposed to his girlfriend, fellow Brit and equestrian, Ellen Whitaker in Hollywood May 3 his rep confirms to The Hollywood Reporter.
The actor, who is set to star in Zack Snyder's Superman reboot, met Whitaker, who is the daughter of famed show jumper Stephen Whitaker, at the 2009 Olympia International Horse Show. She is currently training for a bid to Britain's 2012 Olympic show-jumping team.
"I couldn't believe it when he asked me to marry him," she told the Belfast Telegraph. "I thought were were there to celebrate his birthday. It was such a surprise and I am so happy."
Cavill will also play Greek god Theseus in Relativity's Immortals, hitting theaters Nov. 11.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'