Surfer Bethany Hamilton to Appear in 'Dolphin Tale 2'
Hamilton, who lost her left arm in a shark attack, was the subject of the 2011 film "Soul Surfer."
Surfer Bethany Hamilton will be back on the big screen, this time appearing in Dolphin Tale 2.
Hamilton, who survived a shark attack in which her left arm was bitten off, was the subject of Soul Surfer, a 2011 film starring AnnaSophia Robb. Hamilton acted as a stunt double for many of the surfing scenes in the film.
Alcon Entertainment’s sequel Dolphin Tale 2 will see the return of Harry Connick Jr., Morgan Freeman, Kris Kristofferson, Ashley Judd, Nathan Gamble and Cozi Zuehlsdorff. Charles Martin Smith is returning to write and direct.
The sequel's story centers on the real-life baby dolphin Hope, who was saved and rehabilitated by the Clearwater Marine Aquarium. The pic is currently filming in Clearwater, Fla. Warner Bros. has slated it for a Sept. 19, 2014 release.
Hamilton, 23, will appear as herself in the film.
Hamilton, who was 13 years old when she was attacked by a tiger shark in Kauai, has appeared as herself on several TV shows, including 19 Kids and Counting. She's repped by Wasserman Media Group.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR