Surprise! World Loves 'America'
6:00 AM PDT 8/9/2011 by Pamela McClintock
Fears that the patriotic super-soldier pic would turn off overseas audiences prove wrong.
America isn't a four- letter word overseas, after all. Many assumed Paramount and Marvel Studios' Captain America: The First Avenger would struggle in foreign markets because of the character's patriotic overtones.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR