'Survivor' Finale Finishes With Marriage Proposal
Contestant David Murphy proposes to Carolina Eastwood, who competed on a previous season.
Perhaps the biggest surprise on the finale of CBS' Survivor: Redemption Island wasn't who the winner was but instead what happened at the end of the live finale.
David Murphy, a contestant on this season, revealed that he had begun dating Carolina Eastwood, a contestant from 2009's Survivor: Tocantins, after filming his season of the show.
And at the end of Sunday night's finale, Murphy proposed to a surprised Eastwood, who was in the audience.
"Survivor loves blindsiding you," Eastwood quipped before saying yes.
This won't be the first marriage to have happened between Survivor contestants: Redemption Island winner "Boston" Rob Mariano met his now-wife, Amber Brkich, while competing on Survivor: All-Stars in 2003.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Lupita Nyong'o Hugs Stylist Micaela Erlanger for THR's Top Stylists Issue, Kristen Stewart & More Featured!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!