Former ‘Survivor’ Finalist Russell Hantz Lands A&E Series
“Flipped” will follow the three-time castaway’s adventures in real estate.
A&E has ordered seven hourlong episodes of Flipped, a reality series starring former Survivor contestant Russell Hantz.
The series, from Departure Films, will see the three-time castaway and his family attempt to “flip” homes in Houston and is set to air late this year.
A&E Network and Bio Channel executive vp David McKillop, who made the announcement Monday, noted that Hantz’s “outrageous” life fits well with the network.
“Known as the entrepreneur on Survivor, Hantz’s life as a house flipper is truly outrageous, real and genuine which fits in nicely with our lineup of nonscripted original series,” he said.
There are tons of reality TV stars sitting on their couches and twiddling their thumbs because they haven’t created anything else,” Hantz said. “I expect to be one of the biggest house flippers in Houston and I am here to bring Houston's economy back on its feet.”
Hantz finished second in Survivor: Samoa, and was second runner-up in the series’ Heroes vs. Villians edition; he finished 17th in the recently concluded Redemption Island run.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR