Susan Boyle Likely to Top Billboard 200 Next Week
The singer will easily beat out T.I.'s "No Mercy," which may sell 130K to 140K its first week out, while the second biggest debut may be Daft Punk's "Tron: Legacy" soundtrack.
Susan Boyle will likely again reign at No. 1 next week on the Billboard 200 albums chart with her latest album, The Gift. It's too early to tell how much it could sell by week's end on Dec. 12, but it will easily beat out the biggest new entry: T.I.'s No Mercy.
The jailed rapper's latest looks like it may start with around 130,000 to 140,000 sold, based on industry prognosticators' projections. That could possibly place it among the top five sellers next week. T.I.'s last set, 2008's Paper Trail, was his third No. 1 album in a row, bowing atop the tally with a whopping 568,000. It followed his previous penthouse-dwellers T.I. Vs T.I.P. (2007) and King (2006).
The second-biggest debut next week may come from dance music duo Daft Punk. The act is on course for its best sales week yet and likely highest charting album ever as its score to the Disney film Tron: Legacy may bow with around 60,000. That would perhaps give it a top 15 entry. Daft Punk's previous best week came when 2001's Discovery started with 34,000 at No. 44.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Neil Patrick Harris is the Theatrical Man of the Year at Hasty Pudding Awards!
- President Barack Obama & Zach Galifianakis Throw Insults Back & Forth for 'Between Two Ferns' (Video)
- Kristen Bell Makes a Switcheroo for 'Veronica Mars' Premiere After Party!
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting