Susan Lucci Responds to 'All My Children' Delay
The soap star said on her Facebook page that the claims that she was "one of the reasons" why the series' move to online was halted is "simply untrue."
All My Children fans were abuzz after reports stated that the soap opera's online launch would not be happening in January.
There had been speculation that one of the key figures in the All My Children franchise, actress Susan Lucci, played a role in the soap's unsuccessful attempt at going online. But Lucci insists her unwillingness to make the jump to the Internet production was not the sole reason why.
"There has been miscommunications as a result of statements in the press that I am one of the reasons that All My Children is not moving forward," she wrote on her Facebook page on Wednesday. "This is simply untrue and not the case."
And in fact, Lucci was open to the possibility of playing a major role in the online venture of All My Children if Prospect Park would guarantee that the production last a good period of time.
"We have been in discussions since Prospect Park first expressed interest in moving the series online, and in correspondence dated September 8th, I made it clear that I would be ecstatic to be a part of All My Children in a prominent way if they committed to producing the series for another year," she wrote. "I have not heard back from Prospect Park since then, in fact, I learned of their decision not to proceed with All My Children at the same time you did, through the media."
She continued: "It's been a privilege and honor to be involved with the All My Children family for so many years, from working closely with Agnes Nixon to getting to know millions of devoted and wonderful fans."
Lucci has not been shy about voicing her opinions about ABC's handling of the daytime soap operas. In her memoir, she said of daytime chief Brian Frons: "An iconic show was losing out to greed. If Brian Frons could show his bosses that he could save the network 40 percent … he could keep his job even if the rest of us lost ours."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR