Susan Lyne named CEO of Gilt Groupe
Was former MSLO, ABC Entertainment executive
Susan Lyne, former top executive at Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia and ABC Entertainment, has resurfaced as CEO of e-commerce firm Gilt Groupe.
Lyne, who was rumored to be considering a post at Oprah Winfrey's new cable network, OWN, exited MSLO in July after almost four years at the helm. Prior to that position, she was president of entertainment at ABC, which she ran along with Lloyd Braun. She was at Disney since 1996 after a successful stint in publishing leading titles including Premiere and The Village Voice.
Launched last year, Gilt offers discounted high-end fashion and luxury products online. "As a passionate customer of Gilt Groupe, I understand why members describe it as an addiction," Lyne said.
She replaced Gilt CEO and founder Alexis Maybank, who shifts over to chief strategy officer.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR