Suzanne French Departs Canada's Shaftesbury Films
The longtime kids producer, who oversaw dramas like "Life With Derek" and "Undercover Connor," will consult for the Canadian indie as she regroups career-wise.
TORONTO - Suzanne French is departing Canadian indie producer Shaftesbury Films as vp of childrens' and family programming.
French, who has overseen popular kids series like Life With Derek and Undercover Connor, is leaving the Toronto-based company with no indication of future ventures.
"It is with great excitement and some trepidation that I am leaving Shaftesbury in order to regroup, recharge and start a new chapter," she said Wednesday in a statement.
French joined Shaftesbury in 2002 to launch the producer's kids entertainment division.
She will consult on The Ohmies, a preschool series greenlit for development by CBC Kids.
But her departure comes as Shaftesbury continues to build out its drama slate, which includes the paranormal series Weird Desk that briefly held a summer 2013 slot on ABC before being put back on the shelf.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kate Beckinsale Films 'Absolutely Anything' Alongside a Really Really Nice Car!
- Usher Narrows Down 'The Voice' Live Show Performers to Just Three - Meet Team Usher!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Help Plant a Tree in Australia!
- Sam Claflin Promotes 'The Quiet Ones' at His 'Meet The Actors' Session in NYC!