Suzanne French Departs Canada's Shaftesbury Films
The longtime kids producer, who oversaw dramas like "Life With Derek" and "Undercover Connor," will consult for the Canadian indie as she regroups career-wise.
TORONTO - Suzanne French is departing Canadian indie producer Shaftesbury Films as vp of childrens' and family programming.
French, who has overseen popular kids series like Life With Derek and Undercover Connor, is leaving the Toronto-based company with no indication of future ventures.
"It is with great excitement and some trepidation that I am leaving Shaftesbury in order to regroup, recharge and start a new chapter," she said Wednesday in a statement.
French joined Shaftesbury in 2002 to launch the producer's kids entertainment division.
She will consult on The Ohmies, a preschool series greenlit for development by CBC Kids.
But her departure comes as Shaftesbury continues to build out its drama slate, which includes the paranormal series Weird Desk that briefly held a summer 2013 slot on ABC before being put back on the shelf.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR