'Swamp People' Star Trapper Joe LaFont Arrested for Domestic Violence (Report)
The alligator-hunting reality star reportedly was taken into custody following an argument with his girlfriend.
Swamp People star Trapper Joe was arrested Wednesday morning for domestic violence, TMZ reported.
The alligator-hunting reality star, whose real name is Joseph LaFont, was taken into custody in Orange County, Calif., after getting into an argument with his girlfriend, according to TMZ, but further details about the arrest are not available.S
LaFont is reportedly being held on $1,500 bond. History, which airs the show about a group of Louisiana alligator hunters in the Atchafalaya Swamp, declined comment.
LaFont and his son -- fellow Swamp People star Tommy Chauvin, aka Trigger Tommy -- made headlines in April after being involved in a five-car pileup near the Arkansas-Louisiana state line. The reality stars escaped injury, but Swamp People T-shirts and other merchandise from the show spilled from their truck onto the highway.
News of LaFont's arrest also comes a month after the death of his co-star Mitchell Guist, who reportedly "fell" out of his boat May 14 after having suffered what appeared to be a seizure.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR