Texas Estate Featured in CMT Reality Series Destroyed by Fire
As seen in "Swanderosa," the Swan family -- whose matriarch died a month ago -- ran a wedding and event planning business in their backyard.
The family at the center of CMT's reality show Swanderosa lost its Texas estate in a fire early Wednesday.
The news comes a month after the Swan family, who ran a wedding and event planning business in their backyard, lost its matriarch, Judy, to cancer.
Authorities tell San Antonio TV station KENS that the fire started around 1 a.m. local time, with firefighters from at least four departments trying to put the flames out for almost three hours.
"It's horrible," son Thomas Swan II tells KENS. "I mean, you just can't catch a break. We're still trying to cope with that, and this happens. And now neither me or my dad have anything."
Swan, a Marine, was still home on leave for his mother's funeral.
While authorities don't know what caused the fire, arson investigators will take a look Thursday. For his part, Swan believes that a lightning storm might have been the cause of the blaze.
Swanderosa, which aired in 2012, featured the Swan family hosting evens on their 18-acre property every weekend. Planning the events were dad Tom, the technical expert; mom Judy, the florist; youngest daughter Lesley, the handy-person; and daughter Ashley running the show, according to CMT's official description of the show. They often found themselves dealing with rather bizarre requests.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR