Another Swede Killing it in Hollywood
The son of a U.S. Vietnam War deserter, Joel Kinnaman is one hot import who, no, didn't murder Rosie Larsen on AMC's murder drama and, yes, is the lead in MGM's "RoboCop" remake.
A question has plagued viewers of AMC's The Killing for more than a year (other than, of course, who killed Rosie Larsen?): Who is Joel Kinnaman? Playing streetwise Seattle detective Stephen Holder, the 6-foot-2 Swedish-American has enjoyed brisk success, landing a slew of diverse projects since breaking out in the polarizing AMC series, including the lead role in Brazilian director Jose Padilha's reboot of the iconic futuristic thriller RoboCop (2013) and playing Greta Gerwig's lover in indie rom-com Lola Versus. Kinnaman, 32, reveals the trauma he experienced as a child soap-opera actor, his oddball experience as an exchange student in Texas and the fellow Swede he's "really proud of."
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR