Swedish House Mafia Sell Out U.S. Tour in Minutes
The trio's "One Last Tour" trek kicks off Nov. 16 in Dubai and will also hit India, Russia and South Africa.
Swedish House Mafia, among the most popular EDM (electronic dance music) acts, has sold out all announced tour dates for their upcoming U.S. tour in a matter of minutes.
The trek, called One Last Tour, will be their last and demand for tickets has been high causing additional shows to be added (among them, stops in New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Chicago, starting in February, 2013).
The trio's two New York shows in March -- Madison Square Garden (they were the first DJ act to headline the arena) and Barclays Center -- sold out in less than 8 minutes, precipitating the addition of a two more Brooklyn shows (March 3 sold out, the March 4 date is on sale now).
A similar scenario played out in Chicago, where the group's Feb. 20 gig at the United Center sold out in 5 minutes. Three nights were added in San Francisco (Feb. 13, 14 and 15) along with a second show in Los Angeles on March 8.
Swedish House Mafia will close out the outing at LA's State Historic Park on March 9th where they will perform for some 35,000 people at part of their Masquerade Motel.
According to the act's label, EMI/Astralwerks, the international One Last Tour trek will be SHM's "most extensive and extravagant shows to date." It kicks off in Dubai on Nov. 16 and will also hit India, Russia and South Africa for the first time.
A companion comp, Until Now, is due out on Oct. 22nd. It features the song “Don’t You Worry Child” whose video has received more than 7.7 million views in two weeks.
See the list of North American dates below:
February 13 – Bill Graham Civic, San Francisco, CA
February 14 – Bill Graham Civic, San Francisco, CA SOLD OUT
February 15 – Bill Graham Civic, San Francisco, CA SOLD OUT
February 16 – Bill Graham Civic, San Francisco, CA SOLD OUT
February 20 – United Center, Chicago, IL SOLD OUT
February 22 – Rogers Centre, Toronto, Canada
February 23 – Rogers Centre, Toronto, Canada SOLD OUT
February 27 – Bell Centre, Montreal, Canada
March 1 – Madison Square Garden, New York, NY SOLD OUT
March 2 – Barclays Center, New York, NY SOLD OUT
March 3 – Barclays Center, New York, NY SOLD OUT
March 4 – Barclays Center, New York, NY ON SALE NOW
March 8 – Masquerade Motel @ Historic Park, Los Angeles,CA
March 9 – Masquerade Motel @ Historic Park, Los Angeles, CA SOLD OUT
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game