Swedish Producer Helena Danielsson Wins European Co-Production Award
Danielsson's credits include Venice Critics' Week winner "Beyond" and Clive Gordon's "Cargo."
COLOGNE, Germany - Swedish producer Helena Danielsson has won this year's European Co-Production Award, the Prix Eurimages, for her role in shaping the European co-production industry, the European Film Academy announced Tuesday.
Among Danielsson's extensive credits are Pernilla August's period drama Beyond, which stars Noomi Rapace (Prometheus) and won Venice Critics' Week in 2010; the feature documentary Smiling In a Warzone, an International Emmy nominee in 2007; and Clive Gordon's adventure thriller Cargo starring Peter Mullan and Daniel Bruhl.
Danielsson set up her own production company, Hepp Film, in Sweden in 2003 but also works with Tre Vanner Productions, the Swedish shingle behind the Snabba Cash crime franchise.
She will receive her Prix Eurimages at the 25th European Film Awards, to be held in Malta Dec. 1.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws