Swedish Producer Helena Danielsson Wins European Co-Production Award
Danielsson's credits include Venice Critics' Week winner "Beyond" and Clive Gordon's "Cargo."
COLOGNE, Germany - Swedish producer Helena Danielsson has won this year's European Co-Production Award, the Prix Eurimages, for her role in shaping the European co-production industry, the European Film Academy announced Tuesday.
Among Danielsson's extensive credits are Pernilla August's period drama Beyond, which stars Noomi Rapace (Prometheus) and won Venice Critics' Week in 2010; the feature documentary Smiling In a Warzone, an International Emmy nominee in 2007; and Clive Gordon's adventure thriller Cargo starring Peter Mullan and Daniel Bruhl.
Danielsson set up her own production company, Hepp Film, in Sweden in 2003 but also works with Tre Vanner Productions, the Swedish shingle behind the Snabba Cash crime franchise.
She will receive her Prix Eurimages at the 25th European Film Awards, to be held in Malta Dec. 1.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR