Sweety High Names Chief Strategy Officer and a Couple of VPs
The online site for girls hires former Disney, Sony and Nickelodeon executives.
Several entertainment industry executives have joined Sweety High, an online media company run by film and TV producer Frank Simonetti that targets girls 8-16.
Matt Palmer has been added as chief strategy officer. Palmer has been a senior vp of marketing for the Disney Channel, where he worked on properties like Hannah Montana, High School Musical and The Cheetah Girls.
Andrew Gose was added as vp of product. Gose was an executive producer at Nickelodeon Virtual Worlds, where he lead development of Neopets.com.
The company also hired Lucas Bean as vp of user acquisitions. He was formerly a senior director of marketing for Sony Pictures Entertainment's Crackle.com streaming-video site.
Sweety High was co-founded by Simonetti, who is CEO, along with Veronica Zelle, a producer of music videos for the likes of Madonna, Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake.
The site, SweetyHigh.com, features original programming and games and it rewards users with real-life experiences, such as appearances music videos with top pop stars and opportunities to star in some of the site's Web shows.
Some of the upcomoing programming includes Prom, a reality show that follows high-schoolers and their parents as prepare for prom night and Gadget Girl, about a high-school girl who solves crimes while the audience is free to surf the Web to uncover the same clues that the main character is pursuing.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Ian Somerhalder Sings Smokey Robinson Classic in 'Esquire China' Behind the Scene Video - Watch Now!
- 'Glee'Actor Harry Shum Jr. is Engaged to Girlfriend Shelby Rabara!
- Nicole Richie Proudly Rocks New Purple Hair at Lunch with Joel Madden!
- Zooey Deschanel's 'New Girl' & Mindy Kaling's 'Mindy Project' Get Early Renewals From Fox!