From 'Swingtown' to 'Melrose Place'
Michael Rady is first actor cast in the CW pilot
And the first actor cast in the new "Melrose Place" is ... Michael Rady.
The "Swingtown" alum landed the gig Wednesday morning, a day after the CW officially greenlighted the pilot for the "Melrose" update, to be directed by Davis Guggenheim.
On the CBS Par project, penned by "Smallville" exec producers/co-showrunners Todd Slavkin and Darren Swimmer, Rady will play Jonah Miller, a cute and quirky 25-year-old aspiring filmmaker who makes his living as a videographer of weddings and bar mitzvahs for the rich and famous after moving to Los Angeles with his fiancee a year ago.
The role is somewhat reminiscent of struggling writer Billy (Andrew Shue) from the original Fox series.
In addition to his role as summer school philosophy teacher Doug Stephens on "Swingtown," Rady co-starred in "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2" and recurred on Showtime's "Sleeper Cell" and ABC Family's "Greek."
He is repped by Gersh and Station 3.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR