From 'Swingtown' to 'Melrose Place'
Michael Rady is first actor cast in the CW pilot
And the first actor cast in the new "Melrose Place" is ... Michael Rady.
The "Swingtown" alum landed the gig Wednesday morning, a day after the CW officially greenlighted the pilot for the "Melrose" update, to be directed by Davis Guggenheim.
On the CBS Par project, penned by "Smallville" exec producers/co-showrunners Todd Slavkin and Darren Swimmer, Rady will play Jonah Miller, a cute and quirky 25-year-old aspiring filmmaker who makes his living as a videographer of weddings and bar mitzvahs for the rich and famous after moving to Los Angeles with his fiancee a year ago.
The role is somewhat reminiscent of struggling writer Billy (Andrew Shue) from the original Fox series.
In addition to his role as summer school philosophy teacher Doug Stephens on "Swingtown," Rady co-starred in "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2" and recurred on Showtime's "Sleeper Cell" and ABC Family's "Greek."
He is repped by Gersh and Station 3.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Captain America' Conquers Box Office For Third Straight Week
- Jordin Sparks' Wears A Bikini To The Opening Of Tao Beach, Jason Derulo Joins Her In Gym Clothes
- Watch Bruce Springsteen Cover Van Morrison's 'Brown Eyed Girl'
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Justin Bartha & Lia Smith Reportedly Welcome Baby Girl!
- Idina Menzel Sings 'Take Me or Leave Me' with Two Lucky Fans for Charity - Watch Now!
- Vanessa Hudgens Sees Hearts While Dancing at Coachella!
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress