SWSW 2012: Matthew Lillard's 'Fat Kid Rules the World' Wins Audience Award
Joe Berlinger's Paul Simon documentary "Under African Skies" also among the latest winners to be announced.
As the South by Southwest Film Festival winds to a close, the fest has announced a batch of audience award winners.
Matthew Lillard’s directorial debut, Fat Kid Rules the World, an adaptation of K. L. Going’s young adult novel about an overweight teen, claimed the prize in the Narrative Feature Spotlight category.
Joe Berlinger’s documentary Under African Skies, about Paul Simon’s return visit to South Africa, was the winner in the 24 Beats Per Second sidebar, which featured music-themed films.
The other audience winners included Katy Dellamaggiore’s Brooklyn Castle, Documentary Feature Spotlight; Kahlil Hudson and Tyler Hughen’s Low & Clear, Emerging Visions; Ciaran Foy’s Citadel, Midnighters; Nina Conti’s Master’s Voice, SXGlobal; and Jeff Orlowski’s Chasing Ice, Festival Favorites.
The film festival concludes this evening with the world premiere of Emmett Malloy’s Big Easy Express.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR