SXSW 2011: 'The Boondock Saints' Director Exploring Video Game for Cult Franchise
Troy Duffy is exploring concepts which would allow fans of the film to play out their favorite scenes in the movie.
The Boondock Saints director Troy Duffy was in Austin this week to connect with his fans at SXSW. After releasing two movies theatrically, the next step for the franchise would be to enter the video game space.
“We’re thinking of making a video game out of Boondock and I went and listened to these guys pitch me the game and they had already done some programming,” said Duffy. “They had already built part of the game and I got to play it.”
Duffy said the game industry has come very far from his own days as a gamer, back when he was playing TRON at the arcade.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR