SXSW Films Headed to NYC Rooftops
Rooftop Films' annual Summer Series to include Austin festival's "The Dish and the Spoon" and "No Matter What."
Rooftop Films, which spotlights films and musicians using various locations around New York City, will devote a weekend to films from the 2011 South by Southwest Film Festival as part of its 15th annual Summer Series.
Scheduled for June 3-5, the films making their New York premiere will include Alison Bagnall's The Dish and the Spoon, starring Greta Gerwig; No Matter What, directed by Cherie Saulter; and Ian Cheney's The Dark City, which is a Rooftop Filmmakers' Fund and Edgeworx Studios Grantee.
"Rooftop Films puts on great events that draw large, enthusiastically engaged crowds to enjoy smart independent films in an unforgettable setting," Janet Pierson, SXSW Conference & Festival producer," said. "Our sensibilities are really well aligned, so it's both flattering and completely organic that a wonderful batch of SXSW premiere films will enjoy their NYC launch in such a wonderful way at Rooftop."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR