Syfy Ups Programming Executive
Chris Regina has been promoted to senior vice president of programming at the cable network.
Syfy has promoted Chris Regina to senior vice president of programming, executive vice president of programming and original movies Thomas Vitale announced.
He will oversee acquisitions of studio-distributed theatrical films and television series, as well as retain his past responsibilities, which include managing the cable network's scheduling and administration department and continuing supervision on original movies.
New York-based Regina moves up from the post of vice president of programming, a position that he has held since 2006.
“With his creativity and encyclopedic knowledge of the industry, Chris has been one of the driving forces in the tremendous success of Syfy over the past 14 years. We’re delighted to reward his many contributions through this well-earned deserved promotion," Vitale said in a statement.
Regina joined Syfy in 1998 as director of scheduling and administration. He also worked at WGTW-TV.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Seth Meyers To Host 2014 Emmy Awards On August 25
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services