Syfy Ups Programming Executive
Chris Regina has been promoted to senior vice president of programming at the cable network.
Syfy has promoted Chris Regina to senior vice president of programming, executive vice president of programming and original movies Thomas Vitale announced.
He will oversee acquisitions of studio-distributed theatrical films and television series, as well as retain his past responsibilities, which include managing the cable network's scheduling and administration department and continuing supervision on original movies.
New York-based Regina moves up from the post of vice president of programming, a position that he has held since 2006.
“With his creativity and encyclopedic knowledge of the industry, Chris has been one of the driving forces in the tremendous success of Syfy over the past 14 years. We’re delighted to reward his many contributions through this well-earned deserved promotion," Vitale said in a statement.
Regina joined Syfy in 1998 as director of scheduling and administration. He also worked at WGTW-TV.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR