Syfy Prepping 'Warehouse 13' Spinoff Centered on H.G. Wells Character (Exclusive)
On the success of the original series, the cable network is readying a show about Wells as a free agent.
Syfy is developing a spin-off of its popular Warehouse 13 dramedy series.
The project, from Warehouse writers Jack Kenny and Bob Goodman, will center on the character of H.G. Wells.
While it is still in the early stages and thus subject to change, the idea is to put Wells in a 1890s steampunk environment. Despite Warehouse 12’s efforts to recruit her, she would remain a free agent who uses her knowledge of contemporary science to solve murders and other mysteries.
In this incarnation, she would enlist the help of a mechanical engineer and utilize her relationship with the police commissioner to solve what appear to be unsolvable cases. Both the skills and style she employs will become the framework for the well-known stories of H.G. Wells, as written by her brother.
The project comes months after Kenny, who is an executive producer as well as showrunner on the original Warehouse, signed a development deal with producer Universal Cable Productions. Goodman, who-wrote the script, is in negotiations with UCP to produce the spin-off if it moves forward.
Warehouse 13 is the most watched original series in the cable net's history with an average of 3.4 million viewers tuning in last season. It will return for its third season on July 11.
Kenny is repped by UTA and Myman Greenspan; Goodman is repped by the Brant Rose Agency and Myman Greenspan.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zosia Mamet Attends 'Hand To God' Opening Night with Boyfriend Evan Jonigkeit!
- Rita Ora Rocks Sexy Pink Bodysuit for L.A. Music Video Shoot!
- Shirtless Josh Henderson's Six Pack is Unreal in Op's Latest Campaign with Bikini-Clad Nina Agdal!
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!