Syfy Sets Christmas Block
Programming includes telefilm "Neverland," featuring the voice of Keira Knightley, and holiday-themed episodes of "Warehouse 13," "Ghost Hunters" and "Eureka."
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. Already.
Syfy on Tuesday announced that its Countdown to Christmas Week would return for a second year with a programming slate set for December and anchored by the telefilm Neverland, featuring the voice of Keira Knightley as Tinker Bell.
Holiday-themed episodes of original programming Warehouse 13, Ghost Hunters, Haven and Eureka will also be included in the weeklong block, which last year averaged more than 1.6 million viewers in primetime.
Snowmageddon, in which a child's toy snow globe begins showing "fake" disasters which then come true with catastrophic consequences, will also be featured as the Saturday Original Movie.
Neverland, a prequel to author J.M. Barrie's Peter Pan, stars Rhys Ifans (Notting Hill) as James Hook, Pushing Daisies' Anna Friel as Capt. Elizabeth Bonny, Bob Hoskins reprising his Hook character Smee, Raoul Trujillo (Tin Man) and Charlie Rowe (Pirate Radio) as Peter Pan.
And because it's never too soon to make plans for New Year's, Syfy will continue its annual Twilight Zone marathon for the 17th straight year.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game