Syfy's 'Alphas' pilot shooting in Toronto
Jack Bender signed on as director, executive producer
TORONTO -- NBC is to shoot its Syfy action-adventure pilot "Alphas" in Toronto.
The 90-minute pilot, executive produced by Gail Berman and Lloyd Braun for BermanBraun Television, will shoot at the Cinespace Film Studios facility.
The pilot is the third NBC project currently in Toronto as the rookie season of "Covert Affairs" and the second season of "Warehouse 13" shoot locally through August.
The Syfy pilot has Jack Bender ("Lost") as director and executive producer, working off a script from writers Zak Penn ("X-Men: The Last Stand") and Michael Karnow ("Lost").
"Alphas" portrays a team of ordinary people with superior mental skills that take the law into their own hands.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR