Syfy's 'Alphas' pilot shooting in Toronto
Jack Bender signed on as director, executive producer
TORONTO -- NBC is to shoot its Syfy action-adventure pilot "Alphas" in Toronto.
The 90-minute pilot, executive produced by Gail Berman and Lloyd Braun for BermanBraun Television, will shoot at the Cinespace Film Studios facility.
The pilot is the third NBC project currently in Toronto as the rookie season of "Covert Affairs" and the second season of "Warehouse 13" shoot locally through August.
The Syfy pilot has Jack Bender ("Lost") as director and executive producer, working off a script from writers Zak Penn ("X-Men: The Last Stand") and Michael Karnow ("Lost").
"Alphas" portrays a team of ordinary people with superior mental skills that take the law into their own hands.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kaley Cuoco Cuts Her Hair Short, Debuts Blonder Bob Hairdo!
- Emma Stone & Andrew Garfield Bring 'Spider-Man' to 'GMA,' Get Us Really Pumped for the Movie!
- Beyonce Explores Concept of Beauty in 'Pretty Hurts' Video Premiere - Watch Now!
- Third 'Hobbit' Film 'There and Back Again' Renamed to 'Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'