Syfy's 'Being Human' adds four to cast
Otherworldly 13-part drama now shooting in Montreal
TORONTO -- Sam Witwer, Meaghan Rath ("Prom Wars"), Sam Huntington and Mark Pellegrino have signed onto Syfy's "Being Human," Muse Entertainment's North American adaptation of the BBC series of the same name.
The 13-part drama, now shooting in Montreal, portrays otherworldly roommates with double-lives, including a vampire played by Witwer, Rath as a ghost and a werewolf performed by Huntington.
The Canadian cable channel has also picked up the adaptation of the original Touchpaper Television series. RDF Rights currently distributes the U.K. series and the format for "Being Human," and will shop the Canadian-made series internationally.
Muses' Michael Prupas ("The Kennedys," "Pillars of the Earth") is executive producing along with Adam Kane and the the husband-and-wife duo of Jeremy Carver and Anna Fricke.
Irene Litinsky is producing, with Pierre Jodoin as the DOP.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead