Syfy Drama 'Sanctuary' to Launch in Syndication Next Year
The off-net procedural drama will launch as a weekly via Tricon Films & Television and PPI Releasing.
Tricon Films & Television and PPI Releasing said Monday that they are launching the procedural drama Sanctuary in syndication next year.
The off-net drama, which aired for four seasons on Syfy, will launch in weekly barter syndication in 2013-14.
The show stars Amanda Tapping (Stargate) as Dr. Helen Magnus, the daring leader of a team of investigators who track down, study and protect strange creatures that secretly populate our world.
The series began in early 2007 as an Internet-only offering that drew nearly 4 million viewers and then scored one of the highest-rated series launches in Syfy network history when it premiered in October 2008.
“Sanctuary has been a tremendous success both domestically and worldwide, currently airing in over 150 countries,” said Jon Rutherford, senior vp distribution and business eevelopment at Tricon.
“It has an incredible track record, and a veteran production team that has had a golden touch in syndication,” added Josh Raphaelson, founder of PPI alongside Ritch Colbert and Dave Hutchinson.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR