Sylvester Stallone Breaks Silence on Son's Death
The “Expendables 2” actor made an appearance on “Good Morning America” to promote his new film and opened up about the personal tragedy.
Sylvester Stallone on Tuesday made his first media appearance in the U.S. since learning of his 36-year-old son’s untimely death last month.
While Stallone has been promoting The Expendables 2 overseas, he had yet to speak out about the personal tragedy until an interview with Good Morning America.
“It’s very, very tough,” Stallone said. “It’s a horrible situation, but time hopefully will heal, and you try to get through it, but it’s just something that’s a reality of life.”
Sage Stallone, who made his acting debut alongside his father in Rocky V, was found dead in his Hollywood apartment on July 13. There was no suicide note found and while the autopsy has been completed, the coroner is reportedly still waiting on various tests, including toxicology, before ruling an official cause of death. Authorities found painkillers and empty pill bottles in Sage Stallone’s apartment, as he had five teeth extracted two weeks before his death.
'“It’s important to get back and try to start reliving your life, otherwise you can go into a spiral,” the elder Stallone said on GMA.
The Expendables 2, which also stars Arnold Schwarzenegger, Chuck Norris, Liam Hemsworth, Terry Crews, Jason Statham, Bruce Willis and more.