TLC's T-Boz Reveals She Had Brain Tumor Removed (Video)
The singer opens up about the frightening surgery and her journey to defy the odds.
T-Boz of TLC has been very public about her long-time battle with sickle cell anemia, and now the singer has revealed that her doctors found a tumor in her brain.
"I started having headaches. They were so frequent; something was wrong," T-Boz told CNN's Dr. Sanjay Gupta. "My doctor called but his voice sounded funny. And I said, 'You're going to say something like I have a brain tumor or something right?' And he got quiet."
Fortunately, T-Boz found a surgeon who successfully took out the tumor, leaving her with one side effect: poor balance. In her recovery, she's educating others on sickle cell anemia and working on new music with a positive message.
She also told Gupta that when she was first diagnosed with sickle cell animia, doctors said she wouldn't live past 30. She's now 39.
"Doctors, they didn't give me a happy ending," T-Boz said. "'You won't live past 30, you'll be disabled your whole life. You'll never have kids. I was looking around the room like, 'I don't know who he's talking to cause that's not my story."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR