TAJJ Media Takes Worldwide Rights to Canadian Indie 'Dr. Cabbie'
Jeff Sackman's sales outfit will represent the Vinay Virmani-starring comedy by director Jean-Francois Poulliot.
TORONTO - Jeff Sackman’s TAJJ Media has picked up the worldwide rights to Dr. Cabbie, co-produced by FirstTake Entertainment, Caramel Films and Bollywood star Salman Khan's Being Human Productions.
The Canadian indie, directed by Jean-Francois Poulliot (La Grande Seduction), is shooting in Toronto.
“Dr. Cabbie is an extremely relatable, heart filled comedy drama, which audiences will relate to globally,” Sackman said in a statement Monday.
The movie about a young Indian doctor who immigrates to Canada and sets up a mobile taxi clinic to heal passengers stars Vinay Virmani, Adrianne Palicki, Kunal Nayyar and Chris Diamantopoulos.
Dr. Cabbie is co-funded by Telefilm Canada, SODEC and the Harold Greenberg Fund.
The film will be distributed in Canada by Entertainment One, while Eros International will handle the Indian sub-continent.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR