The Works U.K. Distribution Buys Rights to 'Take Shelter'
Michael Shannon and Jessica Chastain star in director Jeff Nichols' Cannes winner.
LONDON – The Works U.K. Distribution has corralled all U.K. distribution rights to Jeff Nichols’ Take Shelter.
The movie is set to have its British premiere later this week during the BFI London Film Festival.
Nichols directs Michael Shannon and rising star Jessica Chastain and details the story of young couple which sees the man become haunted by having terrifying dreams about an encroaching, apocalyptic storm.
He chooses to keep the disturbance to himself, channelling his anxiety into the obsessive building of a storm shelter in their backyard.
The resulting strain on his marriage and tension within the community doesn’t compare to Curtis’ private fear of what his dreams may truly signify.
The movie unspooled at this year’s Sundance Film Festival where it was nominated for the Grand Jury Prize.
The film went on to win the Cannes 2011 Critics Week Grand Prize and FIPRESCI Award and was most recently awarded the Grand Prize at the Deauville Film Festival and Best Film at the Zurich Film Festival.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10