Tal Rabinowitz Replaces Jeff Ingold as EVP, Comedy Programming at NBC
She was previously SVP of comedy development and digital programming at Sony Pictures Television.
Tal Rabinowitz has been named executive vice president of comedy programming at NBC, Bob Greenblatt, chairman of NBC entertainment, announced Friday.
She was previously the senior vice president of comedy development and digital programming for Sony Pictures Television.
She replaces Jeff Ingold, who is departing the company.
“In working closely with Tal over the past few years, I found her to be one of the smartest, brightest comedy executives in the business who is also universally embraced by writers, producers, agents, and talent,” says Greenblatt in a statement. “She is exactly the kind of creative executive to guide our comedy development as we plot the future of NBC.”
Rabinowitz will oversee all aspects of comedy programming beginning in June.
She also helped develop Reba, The Jamie Kennedy Experiment and What I Like About You as director of comedy development at The WB Television Network, where she worked from 2001-05.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kristen Bell Stuns In Pink Gown With Thigh-High Slit At 'Veronica Mars' Premiere
- Jennifer Lopez Rocks Neon Skinny Jeans On 'American Idol' Set
- Khloe Kardashian Wows In Curve-Hugging Dress At Miami Dash Opening
- Mindfulness in Everyday Life -- So You Want to Be Famous? What You Need to Know About Celebrity
- Amazon Is Raising the Price of Amazon Prime
- Lars’s Real Girl: Charlotte Gainsbourg on Fame, Nymphomaniac, and Working With von Trier
- Edelstein on Le Week-End: Unbelievably Marvelous, in Light of Its Depressing Trajectory
- Ebiri: If Need for Speed Were a Silent Movie, It Would Be the Most Amazing Racing Movie Ever