Talent Manager Gerald Harrington Jr. Dies
He worked at APA, Industry Entertainment and Brillstein-Grey and guided the careers of such stars as Nicolas Cage and Sylvester Stallone and the band Big Audio Dynamite.
Gerry Harrington Jr., a talent manager who represented the likes of Tom Waits, Nicolas Cage and Sylvester Stallone, died Feb. 9 of a heart attack at his home in Los Angeles. He was 50.
Harrington most recently managed Mick Jones’ band Big Audio Dynamite and helped launch their recent European tour.
A native of Bronxville, N.Y., Harrington graduated from Georgetown University in 1984 and began his show business career in the William Morris mailroom in New York. He came to Los Angeles and worked as a talent agent at APA, where he represented such clients as Waits, Joe Strummer and Crispin Glover.
He then joined Industry Entertainment as a personal manager, representing Cage, Christopher Lambert and others, before making his mark at Brillstein-Grey Entertainment. There, he also worked with Cage and helped guide the careers of Stallone, Gary Sinise, Rod Lurie and Rosanna Arquette.
Survivors include his daughters Veronica and Daphne, his mother Martha and his brother Brian.
A private memorial will be held for family and close friends. For more information please contact Danielle at (310) 300-9898. The family asks that donations in his memory be made to www.grammy.org/musicares/donate.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer, 'X-Men' Director, Calls Suit A 'Sick, Twisted Shakedown'
- The Club 47 Folk Revival Explores the Iconic History of Old Cambridge Folk Club
- Jack Kilmer Talks 'Palo Alto,' His Acting Career And Growing Up With Famous Parents
- Lupita Nyong'o and America's Complicated Relationship With Beauty