Talent Manager Leonard Hirshan Dies at 86
The industry veteran managed the career of Clint Eastwood for several decades.
Leonard Hirshan, a talent manager whose longtime clients included Clint Eastwood, has died at 86, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
"Lenny was a joy to work with. Smart, knowledgeable, trusted and committed. He was a superb agent, a truly good man and a real friend. Honor and integrity and loyalty were his bywords," Eastwood's longtime lawyer Bruce M. Ramer told THR. "His type are rare. He will be remembered and missed."
Hirshan, who spent years as an agent at William Morris before forming Leonard Hirshan Management Inc., counted many other industry notables as his clients. Sophia Loren, Walter Matthau, Greer Garson and Angela Lansbury are among those names.
In 2012, Hirshan was presented with the lifetime achievement award during the Talent Managers Association's Heller Awards.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama