'Tangled' Unfurls $11.8 Mil Opening But 'Harry Potter' Still No. 1
Disney's Rapunzel tale reboot Tangled opened with a better-than-expected $11.8 million tally Wednesday but Harry Potter's box office magic could not be rivaled. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 maintained its No. 1 spell on moviegoers by adding an estimated $14.5 million to its coffers, bringing its six-day cume to $159 million.
Tangled, meanwhile, nabbed the day's second place spot and looks to be the overachiever of cinema's Thanksgiving holiday fare: the film will likely surpass its $40 million long weekend estimates by at least $10 million.
Sony/Screen Gems' Burlesque, starring Cher and Christina Aguilera, took the No. 3 spot Wednesday with a $2.8 million debut, followed by DreamWorks Animations/Paramount's Megamind at No. 4 and the Anne Hathaway/Jake Gyllenhaal romantic comedy Love and Other Drugs in fifth place with an estimated $2.2 million.
Another new film, the Dwayne Johnson actioner Faster, opened at No. 6 with a $1.6 million gross, while Unstoppable's $1.9 million kept it on track for a fifth place finish.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR