Taryn Manning Arrested After Fight With Makeup Artist
The "Hustle and Flow" actress allegedly kicked and punched the woman in a New York City hotel room on Thursday.
Taryn Manning was arrested on Thursday after a fight broke out between the Hustle and Flow actress and her makeup artist in a New York City hotel room.
Manning, 33, allegedly kicked and punched the woman at the Dream Downtown Hotel on Thursday morning, according to TMZ. She was charged with assault.
The woman Manning allegedly attacked, Holly Hartman, is not just Manning’s employee. She’s been friends with Manning for five years, and lives in her Los Angeles home, TMZ reports.
"There was an unfortunate incident between two very dear friends, who are like family to each other," Manning's rep told The Hollywood Reporter in a statement. Manning's rep adds that Hartman has indicated that she does not plan on pressing charges.
"We believe the situation at hand will be clarified and resolved between the two friends expeditiously," the statement adds. Her rep also tells THR that Manning was released on Friday.
Manning’s film credits include Crossroads, Hustle and Flow and 8 Mile. She also had roles on TV shows including Hawaii Five-0, Burn Notice and Sons of Anarchy. Also a singer, Manning released her latest single, “Send Me Your Love” in August.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR