Taryn Manning Joins John Hawkes Indie Drama 'Low Down' (Exclusive)
Elle Fanning also stars with Hawkes in the gritty film about a jazz pianist struggling with addiction.
Taryn Manning, the Hustle & Flow and 8 Mile actress who recently appeared in Hawaii Five-O and Sons of Anarchy, has joined the cast of indie feature Low Down.
The movie stars John Hawkes and Elle Fanning with the roll call also including Glenn Close, Peter Dinklage and Flea of the Red Hot Chili Peppers.
The story centers on a jazz pianist (Hawkes) who played with greats such as Charlie Parker and Miles Davis but struggled with heroin addiction. This movie tells his story through the eyes of his daughter (Fanning).
Manning will play a failed actress turned junkie struggling to raise her son.
Ron Yerxa and Albert Berger are producing with Mark Ruffalo as one of the executive producers. Shooting begins next month in Los Angeles. Jeff Preiss is directing.
Manning recently completed shooting a season-long arc on Netflix’s new series Orange Is the New Black from Weeds creator Jenji Kohan. Last year, she appeared opposite Helen Mirren and Joe Pesci in the indie Love Ranch.
Manning is repped by APA, Oren Segal of MPE, and Bruce Gellman of Felker Toczek Gellman Suddelson.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama