'The Taste' Goes to Benelux
In a twist on the cooking format, chefs in Belgium and the Netherlands will square off in a cross-border cook-off.
COLOGNE, Germany – Dutch channel RTL 4 and Belgium's VTM network have jointly acquired local remake rights for The Taste, the cooking competition format that airs on ABC stateside, from Red Arrow International.
In a twist on the original format, the Benelux version of The Taste will be set up as a Dutch-Belgian co-production and will feature two Dutch and two Belgian chefs competing as judges and coaches.
Culinary experts Herman den Blijker and Robert Kranenborg of the Netherlands will face off against Flemish Michelin star chefs Wout Bru and Gert De Mangeleer on the show, which Red Arrow's Belgium subsidiary Sultan Sushi will produce. It will be produced in Dutch, or Flemish as the language is called on the Belgian side of the border.
ABC recently renewed The Taste for a second season, following a strong debut and despite a subsequent ratings slump for the U.S. show, which features Anthony Bourdain and Nigella Lawson. The format has been a strong seller for Red Arrow, with remake rights picked up by, among others, M6 in France, Canada's CTV and the Nine Network in Australia.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofia Vergara Flaunts Amazing Bikini Body & Rock Hard Abs for 'Women's Health'! (Exclusive Pic)
- January Jones & Christina Hendricks: Ladies of 'Mad Men' Help Launch Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08
- Jenny McCarthy & Donnie Wahlberg Engaged, Announce News on 'The View' - See Her Engagement Ring Here!
- Tori Spelling Speaks for First Time About Unfaithful Husband Dean McDermott