Tatiana Maslany Repeats as Best Actor at Whistler Film Festival
Bruce McDonald's "The Husband" prevailed in the Borsos competition for best Canadian feature.
WHISTLER, B.C. -- Orphan Black breakout star Tatiana Maslany on Sunday repeated as best actor at the Whistler Film Festival.
Maslany won for best performance in a Borsos competition film for her role in Cas & Dylan, where she stars opposite Richard Dreyfuss in the Whistler opener by director Jason Priestley.
She also prevailed in 2012 at Whistler for her star turn Kate Melville's coming-of-age drama Picture Day.
Maslany has since played multiple clones on the BBC America and Space drama Orphan Black and will portray a love interest for Aziz Ansari's Tom Haverford in Parks and Recreation.
Other Whistler award winners include Bruce McDonald's The Husband winning the Borsos trophy for best Canadian feature, and the world documentary award going to Mitchell Kezin's Jingle Bell Rocks!
And the best mountain culture film award went to Lucy Walker's The Crash Reel, Whistler's closing night picture about American champion snowboarder Kevin Pearce's painful journey back from sustaining a traumatic brain injury while training for the Olympics.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR