Tatyana Ali Nabs Lead in Canadian Feature 'Home Again'
"The Fresh Prince of Bel Air" star will top-line Sudz Sutherland's dramatic indie film about three adults who are deported to Jamaica, where they were born and must now survive.
TORONTO - Tatyana Ali (The Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Young and the Restless) has a starring role in Home Again, a Canadian indie film by writer/director Sudz Sutherland.
The dramatic feature portrays three adults raised as outsiders from childhood and deported from Canada, the U.S. and London, England to Jamaica, where they were born.
The three deportees find they have to fight for survival in a Jamaica where family support, friends and shelter is elusive, but where ultimately hope and the human spirit emerges.
Sutherland co-wrote the script for Home Again with Jennifer Holness.
The Canadian theatrical feature will shoot on location in Trinidad and Jamaica for six weeks, starting in January 2012.
Holness, who runs Toronto indie producer Hungry Eyes Film & Television with Sutherland, will share producer credits on Home Again with Don Carmody (Chicago, Resident Evil).
The feature is Sutherland’s second after his debut movie Love Sex & Eating the Bones.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR