'Taxi-22' Producer: James Gandolfini 'Had an Unmatched Detector of Creative Integrity'
Clark Peterson, who was producing the upcoming CBS project with Gandolfini, reflects on the "Sopranos" star's "passion, smarts and humility."
This story first appeared in the July 19 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
He was a great man. As I got to know him in developing and producing a project with him over the past few years, his passion, smarts, genuine presence and humility were ever present. But he also revealed another special quality: his ability to divine honesty in the work. In a script, for example, he could sniff out, before anyone else, if a moment, or a line of dialogue, or a character didn't ring true. He simply had an unmatched detector of creative integrity, which meant he had no interest in acting in or producing anything that wasn't grounded in emotional truth. And when he discovered a false note in the writing, he had no problem saying it, because he seemed to only speak from his gut, and from his heart.
Read more tributes to Gandolfini below:
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)