'Taxi' Star Jeff Conaway in a Coma After Drug Overdose
The actor, whose credits also include "Grease" and "Celebrity Rehab," is hospitalized in critical condition, his manager says.
Jeff Conaway, former star of Taxi and Grease, is in a coma following a drug overdose, possibly from pain pills, his manager told the Associated press.
Phil Brock said the 60-year-old actor was found unconscious May 11. He is hospitalized in critical condition.
Brock added that Conaway is in a coma in a California hospital and his recovery is uncertain. The name of the hospital was not disclosed.
As part of VH1's reality show Celebrity Rehab With Dr. Drew in 2008, Conaway discussed his addiction to drugs and alcohol.
His manager described Conaway as a "gentle soul" but one who has been unable to "exorcise his demons."
Conaway also starred in the TV series Babylon 5.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR