Taye Diggs Releases Children’s Book
The "Private Practice" actor wrote "Chocolate Me," which follows one boy’s struggle to fit in.
Taye Diggs has starred on Broadway and plays a doctor on ABC's medical drama Private Practice, but now he’s adding children’s book author to his list of accomplishments.
The real-life dad has penned Chocolate Me!, a fiction picture book, which teaches children about fitting in with those that are different from themselves.
Chocolate Me!, which hit stores on Tuesday, chronicles the journey of one young boy who is teased for looking different and is trying to fit in.
Diggs, 40, and his wife, actress Idina Menzel, are raising their two-year-old son, Walker, together.
“You should be proud and embrace your differences regardless if its race or religion or if something is looked upon as a handicap,” Diggs told USA Today about his inspiration for the book.
The book, published by Feiwel & Friends, is illustrated by Shane W. Evans who also illustrated numerous award-winning books for children, including Black Jack: The Ballad of Jack Johnson and Osceola: Memories of a Sharecropper’s Daughter.
Diggs is currently starring as Dr. Sam Bennett on ABC’s Private Practice. He is also known for his role as Benny in Jonathan Larson's Tony Award-winning Broadway musical Rent, which also starred Menzel. Menzel has most recently had a role on Glee as Shelby Corcoran, the coach of the rival glee club Vocal Adrenaline. She will return to the Fox show in Season 3.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR