Taylor Hackford to Receive CAS Honor
Director Taylor Hackford will receive the Cinema Audio Society's Filmmaker Award at the 47th CAS Awards set for Feb. 19 at the Millennium Biltmore Hotel in Los Angeles.
The Oscar winner and DGA president has helmed such notable films as Ray, An Officer and a Gentleman, Against All Odds and the documentary When We Were Kings.
Hackford won his Oscar in 1979 for his live-action short film Teenage Father.
"Taylor has demonstrated time and time again his ability to go from dialogue to action to music with a respect for sound always uppermost in his process," CAS president Edward Moskowitz said. "Once again we are delighted to have synergy between our Career Achievement recipient, Jeffrey Wexler, CAS and our Filmmaker honoree through their collaborations on the Oscar-winning An Officer and a Gentleman, Everyone's All-American and Against All Odds."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR